About the Role:
Position title: Junior Engineer Project Coordinator
Location: 134-140 Fairbairn Rd, Sunshine West VIC 3020
Scheduled start date: TBC
Duration: 12 weeks
Salary: Circa 65k package (negotiable)
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 30 June 2019
About Tappi - What Makes Us Different?
Tappi is a Melbourne-based startup disrupting the employment readiness space.
We focus on facilitating the connection between authentic Industry opportunities and talented students or recent graduates.
We build strong career pathways by building upon the skills of our candidates through intensive professional development modules and dedicated mentoring from industry professionals while exposing our graduates to the world of real business and social impact.
About our client
Our client is one of Melbourne’s leading, full-service structural and architectural steel specialist, trusted by the biggest names in construction and engineering.
From design analysis and project management to engineering, shop detailing, manufacturing, delivery and installation, our client manages every aspect in-house to ensure the highest quality standards at each step in the process, and genuine peace-of-mind for our clients.
About the role
Our client is looking for a Junior project coordinator to join their team. They will be part of the project management team, liaising between site and office to ensure that projects are running smoothly and work is being undertaken according to specified requirements. Experience within the construction industry will be highly considered, but may not be essential for the right candidate with an outstanding attitude.
The role is a great opportunity for an outstanding recent graduate or early-career engineer to launch the next step in their career.
Duties would include;
- Estimations work using estimations software
- Understanding of engineering plans, processes and principals
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers
- Documentation management and scheduling
To be successful in your application for this position you will require the following:
- Understanding of construction/steel industry
- Experience and/or interest in structural steel
- Project Management studies or experience with a keen desire to learn
- Engineering qualifications Knowledge of the following programs:
- Excel/Smartsheets (Essential)
- Outlook & all Microsoft office products (Essential)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and process-focused
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
To apply for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Damian Thomson on 0401 482 054 for more detail.